Sunday, May 26, 2013

Where Can I Turn for Peace?

I found this while reading today and loved it.


“Indifference to the Savior or failure to keep the commandments of God brings about insecurity, inner turmoil, and contention. These are the opposite of peace. Peace can come to an individual only by an unconditional surrender—surrender to him who is the Prince of Peace, who has power to confer peace. One may live in beautiful and peaceful surroundings but, because of inner dissension and discord, be in a state of constant turmoil. On the other hand, one may be in the midst of utter destruction and the bloodshed of war and yet have the serenity of unspeakable peace. If we look to man and the ways of the world, we will find turmoil and confusion. If we will but turn to God, we will find peace for the restless soul.”  - Howard W. Hunter

I love the Lord. His is SO GOOD! We hold ourselves back. He stands there waiting for us to seek,  ask, and knock.  I have learned more lately about seeking,a sking and knocking. I need to put it into practice more than I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment